With extra batteries packed in a box under your truck or mounted on the side of the flatbed, you don’t have to worry about getting stuck on the road because of a dead battery. These stored batteries also allow you to run any of your equipment in the truck without actually running the engine.
Many Merritt battery boxes come with a battery hold-down kit. It can also be purchased separately. With a hold-down kit, every extra battery is secure, no matter how fast you drive. And you don’t need to spend much time mounting or removing each battery inside the box.
In-Frame Battery Boxes:
- Are made from a strong, yet light-weight Aluminum alloy, for long life and weight savings.
- Do not require any frame drilling to mount, saving installation time - each comes with a mounting kit.
- Have two sizes available:
- 4 Battery In-Frame Battery Box = 12 x 23 x 27 3/4 - 60lbs - With Hinged Lid, Mounting Kit and Hold-Down Kit; and
- 2 Battery In-Frame Battery Box = 12 x 23 x 13 1/3 - 28 lbs