A lot of truckers have embraced LED lights as semi truck accessories because they are more efficient than traditional halogen lightbulbs. With a regular light bulb, 3% of the energy it receives turns into visible light, and the remaining 97% becomes heat energy. This heat energy serves no practical purpose, and it certainly doesn’t aid in illumination. However, LED lights convert approximately 90% of the energy they receive into visible, usable light. This means that only 10% of the energy an LED receives is wasted. In a nutshell, you get much more usable energy per watt with LED lights.