This cab rack is NOT A SAFETY DEVICE and will NOT PREVENT SERIOUS INJURY or DEATH from forward shifting cargo as a result of an accident or improper securement.
To prevent SERIOUS INJURY or DEATH:
- ALWAYS secure your cargo in compliance with FMCSA/DOT regulations. See 49 CFR 393 for specific requirements. Be aware of any applicable state motor carrier regulations.
- NEVER consider this cab rack to be part of your cargo securement system. It is not a substitute for any cargo securement device and does not change any of the cargo securement requirements.
- NEVER allow cargo to contact cab rack or use cab rack as a tie down point.
- NEVER haul a log trailer or a pole trailer with this cab rack installed. It is a misuse of the cab rack and is strictly prohibited by Merritt Aluminum Products Company.
- INSPECT cab rack weekly for cracks or damage. If damaged, replace cab rack.
- CHECK torque for all bolts every 90 days.
- Use cab rack for storing chains and equipment. For more information, visit www.merrittproducts.com
- Proper installation of the cab rack is the responsibility of the installer. If you do not have the proper equipment or skill to install the cab rack, take your vehicle to an authorized dealer.
- All cab racks should be installed with an industry accepted mounting system. The mounting system will not prevent serious injury or death from forward shifting cargo as a result of an accident or improper securement.
WARNING – NEVER reuse a mounting kit.
ALWAYS read and follow the Mounting Kit Assembly Instructions to ensure proper installation.